Jackie Walker •LDM, CPM, IBCLC
Hello, I’m Jackie! It’s wonderful to meet you.
I’m a Licensed Midwife and Lactation Consultation in Grants Pass, Oregon. I love coffee, hiking, and rainy days. With my wonderful husband of 16 years, we brought four beautiful children into this world. After the birth of my second child in 2008, I discovered my love for pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period. This love led me to begin attending births and since then, I have attended over 300+ births for over a decade. I have supported hundreds of mothers, families, and their little ones and it’s been such a blessing.
My Midwifery Timeline & Credentials
- 2009: I became a birth and postpartum doula with DONA, Doulas of North America.
- 2011: I began my training as a midwife with the National Midwifery Institute, a well-known MEAC accredited school.
- 2011-2014: I received outstanding clinical training both nationally and overseas.
- I had the privilege of receiving a large portion of my clinical training at a birth center called Better Birth in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- I trained overseas serving a 5-week clinical stay as a missionary at a high yield charity birth center in the Philippines.
- Over the years, I’ve had the opportunity to work in multiple birth centers and homes. This experience gave me the opportunity to learn from incredible midwives, practicing different styles and standards of care.
- 2014: I graduated from the National Midwifery Institute, passed the standard National Midwifery Exam (NARM), and became licensed by the state of California earning both a LM and CPM credential.
- After becoming licensed, I moved to Houston, Texas where I spent the next two years practicing at Katy Birth Center. During my time in Texas, I attended well over 150+ births and provided care for hundreds of families.
- 2017: I became licensed in the state of Oregon and am now an LDM.
- 2019: I sat for my lactation consultant exam and became a Board Certified Lactation Consultant or IBCLC.
- 2020: I became a certified Birth Boot Camp Instructor. I offer comprehensive childbirth education classes, refresher classes, comfort measure classes, and food/fitness classes.
Along with running my own practice here in Grants Pass, I have spent the last three years working as a maternity care coordinator at a local CCO where I help women with high-risk pregnancies navigate the health care system. This helped me gain valuable experience, build relationships with local doctors/hospitals, and support many women who otherwise would not have access to the type of compassionate support only a midwife can offer.
My journey has brought me to Grants Pass, Oregon where I hold a midwifery license. My husband and I are planning to grow lifelong roots in the community, and I look forward to building my practice in the Rogue Valley.
I believe that expecting women and families should be cared for with love, compassion, respect, and dignity throughout the entire journey and transformation of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. As a Midwife, I believe it is my job to honor the whole family unit and hold space for them throughout the shifts and adjustments life brings while providing support & education.
I believe that pregnancy and birth are milestones in a woman’s life cycle that will define who she is and what she is capable of for the rest of her life. When the woman feels the autonomy of her pregnancy, birth, and postpartum, she will become stronger and more capable of walking through life with her heart wide open and fuller, ready to give this magnetic energy back to the universe completing the cycle of love.
It is my goal to give families in the Rogue Valley exceptional midwifery care. I look forward to honoring your family throughout your sacred journey.
The Earthside Team
Tiffany Van Maren
My journey to midwifery grew organically as my own children have taught me the transformative nature of birth and parenting. Midwifery brings together my experience as a teacher, my love for children, and my deep desire to support birthing people in their journey toward a safe and empowering birth experience. I began as a doula in 2004 and in 2012 began attending homebirths on the coast with an amazing local midwife, first as an assistant and then as an apprentice. This time serving women and families has truly changed me life and I have found my calling. With the support of my amazing family and community, I began my formal education as a CPM student through Mercy in Action College of Midwifery this summer 2021.
I am excited and grateful to serve and learn from Jackie and all your amazing families at Earthside Midwifery and Lactation.”
Receive the care you deserve
Receive valuable education, tender care, and the personalized pregnancy plan you deserve with Earthside. Contact us today to learn more.