Jackie Walker •LDM, CPM, IBCLC
Hello, I’m Jackie! It’s wonderful to meet you.
I’m a Licensed Midwife and Lactation Consultation in Grants Pass, Oregon.
I am a mother, wife, and a lover of Jesus above all else. I consider myself a modern style earth-momma. I am a holistic practitioner who has dedicated decades of my life to learning how to support other families in the most empowering way!
With my wonderful husband of 19 years, we brought four beautiful children into this world. After the birth of my second child in 2008, I discovered my love for pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period. This love led me to begin attending births and since then, I have attended over 330+ births for over a decade. I have supported hundreds if not thousands of mothers, families, and their little ones during pregnancy/postpartum and it’s been such a blessing.
I am dedicated to my family and community. If I am not in the office loving on bellies or catching a baby you might find me coaching soccer on the Dutch Bros Field, driving carpool, at Edgewater soaking up the spirit, or down at the Farmers Market. Then whenever I get the chance I am hitting the beach, hiking the redwoods, or out on an adventure with my babies!
Some might say I am not the typical Oregon Midwife, but the fusion I bring of modern meets holistic rolled up in parents rights and Evidence Based care is perfect for the families that choose me. I stand strong on the foundation of which I bring to my practice.
My Midwifery Timeline & Credentials
- 2009: I became a birth and postpartum doula with DONA, Doulas of North America.
- 2011: I began my training as a midwife with the National Midwifery Institute, a well-known MEAC accredited school.
- 2011-2014: I received outstanding clinical training both nationally and overseas.
- I had the privilege of receiving a large portion of my clinical training at a birth center called Better Birth in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- I trained overseas serving a 5-week clinical stay as a missionary at a high yield charity birth center in the Philippines.
- Over the years, I’ve had the opportunity to work in multiple birth centers and homes. This experience gave me the opportunity to learn from incredible midwives, practicing different styles and standards of care.
- 2014: I graduated from the National Midwifery Institute, passed the standard National Midwifery Exam (NARM), and became licensed by the state of California earning both a LM and CPM credential.
- After becoming licensed, I moved to Houston, Texas where I spent the next two years practicing at Katy Birth Center. During my time in Texas, I attended well over 150+ births and provided care for hundreds of families.
- 2017: I became licensed in the state of Oregon and am now an LDM.
- 2019: I sat for my lactation consultant exam and became a Board Certified Lactation Consultant or IBCLC.
- 2020: I became a certified Birth Boot Camp Instructor. I offer comprehensive childbirth education classes, refresher classes, comfort measure classes, and food/fitness classes.
- 2018-Now: owner and midwife of Earthside Midwifery and Lactation.
Along with running my own practice here in Grants Pass, I have spent four years working as a maternity care coordinator at a local CCO where I help women with high-risk pregnancies navigate the health care system. This helped me gain valuable experience, build relationships with local doctors/hospitals, and support many women who otherwise would not have access to the type of compassionate support only a midwife can offer.
My journey has brought me to Grants Pass, Oregon where I hold a midwifery license. My husband and I are planning to grow lifelong roots in the community, and I look forward to building my practice in the Rogue Valley.
I fiercely believe that women should have the rights to choose what happens to their bodies while growing and birthing their babies! You have the right to choose where and how to give birth, who to give birth with, and what goes into your baby. Informed consent is the foundation of my practice, because I believe in your autonomy. You know your baby and your body better than anyone else, and you get to be the authority over it. At Earthside Midwifery I am here to educate you and support you as you walk through this season of life.
My practice is my ministry. I want to love and support you while your family grow. I want to nurture you, care for you, and make you feel surrounded in a wonderful cocoon of care. I want to stand by you when life is tough and support or pray with you when you need uplifted.
I believe that expecting women and families should be cared for with love, compassion, respect, and dignity throughout the entire journey and transformation of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. As a Midwife, I believe it is my job to honor the whole family unit and hold space for them throughout the shifts and adjustments life brings while providing support & education.
I believe that pregnancy and birth are milestones in a woman’s life cycle that will define who she is and what she is capable of for the rest of her life. When the woman feels the autonomy of her pregnancy, birth, and postpartum, she will become stronger and more capable of walking through life with her heart wide open and fuller, ready to give this magnetic energy back to the universe completing the cycle of love.
It is my goal to give families in the Rogue Valley exceptional midwifery care. I look forward to honoring your family throughout your sacred journey.
The Earthside Team
My journey to midwifery grew organically as my own children have taught me the transformative nature of birth and parenting. Midwifery brings together my experience as a teacher, my love for children, and my deep desire to support birthing people in their journey toward a safe and empowering birth experience. I began as a doula in 2004 and in 2012 began attending homebirths on the coast with an amazing local midwife, first as an assistant and then as an apprentice. This time serving women and families has truly changed me life and I have found my calling. With the support of my amazing family and community, I began my formal education as a CPM student through Mercy in Action College of Midwifery this summer 2021.
I am excited and grateful to serve and learn from Jackie and all your amazing families at Earthside Midwifery and Lactation.”
Birth Assistant/Doula/Placenta Encapsulation
Birth Assisting $300
Placenta Encapsulation $175
Birth assisting/doula package $1,000
Birth assisting/doula/placenta encapsulation package $1,175
Hello! My name is Madison and I am a trained birth assistant, and birth Doula. I was born and raised in the Rogue Valley. In 2018 I moved Portland to train at a busy birth center. There I attended a countless number of prenatal visits, postpartum visits, and over 50 out of hospital births in just two years.
I am currently neonatal resuscitation certified. I have also taken additional trainings with HERBAL in birth keeping, postpartum support, placenta encapsulation, and herbalism to enhance my skills as a birth professional.
I have now returned to the Valley to work with Earthside Midwifery, and couldn’t be more excited to serve the families of my home town and surrounding areas!
Outside of birth work, I am a mama to my first baby boy, enjoy being out on our farm, hiking and finding yummy places to eat! I look forward to being apart of the Earthside team and assisting in your journey through birth!
Receive the care you deserve
Receive valuable education, tender care, and the personalized pregnancy plan you deserve with Earthside. Contact us today to learn more.